Off topic: Are you one of those noisy translators?
Thread poster: Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:15
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Dec 28, 2010

Does your typing keep your family and neighbours awake?

You might try this gadget, the Thanko Keyboard Quiet cover:

"Need a quiet keyboard? Thanko's latest keyboard cover may exactly what you are looking for! Not only reducing the noise, it will also protect your keyboard from the dust or water.

Shipping: U
... See more
Does your typing keep your family and neighbours awake?

You might try this gadget, the Thanko Keyboard Quiet cover:

"Need a quiet keyboard? Thanko's latest keyboard cover may exactly what you are looking for! Not only reducing the noise, it will also protect your keyboard from the dust or water.

Shipping: Usually from 5 to 15 Working Days"

http://www.geekstuff4u.com/thanko-keyboard-quiet-cover.html

Also, don't you hate it when your keyboard is too cold in the morning?

Try the USB Warmer and Cooler Keyboard Set:

Keep cool in summer and warm in winter thank to Thanko USB Warmer and Cooler Keyboard. This set include thanko warmer mouse.

http://www.geekstuff4u.com/usb-warmer-and-cooler-keyboardandmouse.html

Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 03:15
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
What a gadget Dec 28, 2010

my God, looks like one of those BDSM devices. Scary.

Ergonomic keyboards are generally quieter. It's also good that my office is in its own wing of the house so to speak, so that I don't annoy anyone and no-one annoys me. Neighbors are luckily far enough.

[Edited at 2010-12-28 17:23 GMT]

Alison Sabedoria (X)
Alison Sabedoria (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Only lacking the handcuffs Dec 28, 2010

It's not my typing that's noisy, it's my saying/singing things out loud - the dog gets very confused. At the moment he's rolling his eyes at yet another half-baked sonnet. Yesterday I was belting out Praetorius's Puer natus / Ein Kind geborn in Bethlehem. There are so many wonderful German carols!

Anyway, the tapping and rattling sounds emitted from the office at least give the impression that there's some work going on. I can even imagine people putting on CDs of typing soun
... See more
It's not my typing that's noisy, it's my saying/singing things out loud - the dog gets very confused. At the moment he's rolling his eyes at yet another half-baked sonnet. Yesterday I was belting out Praetorius's Puer natus / Ein Kind geborn in Bethlehem. There are so many wonderful German carols!

Anyway, the tapping and rattling sounds emitted from the office at least give the impression that there's some work going on. I can even imagine people putting on CDs of typing sound effects when they want to have a little snooze.

For warmth, I like fingerless mittens - it's the new translator chic - along with 4 layers of jumpers. I'm currently wearing so much wool, I feel like I should be baaaa-ing. =)

[Edited at 2010-12-28 12:58 GMT]
Collapse

Theo Bernards (X)
Theo Bernards (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to Dutch
+ ...
A friend of mine is starting up a new company Dec 28, 2010

and he thinks there is a niche market for such products, the working title of the start-up is "Unusable Products". I will certainly bring this under his attention, same as this, which is unfortunately in Dutch but the insanity oozes from the pictures... See more
and he thinks there is a niche market for such products, the working title of the start-up is "Unusable Products". I will certainly bring this under his attention, same as this, which is unfortunately in Dutch but the insanity oozes from the pictures:

http://computerworld.nl/article/12500/10-zinloze-accessoires-voor-iphone-en-ipad/4.html
Collapse

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
hmm Dec 28, 2010

oh Gosh! how noisy would my keyboard have to be to make me pay for something that doesn't seem handy at all.

Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu
Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"
Türkiye
Local time: 04:15
Turkish to English
+ ...
Thanks anyway Dec 28, 2010

Quite interesting. How about laptops?

[Edited at 2010-12-28 13:39 GMT]

Michal Berski
Michal Berski  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
What about mouse? Dec 28, 2010

I tend to use mouse very frequently and it seems that I would be forced to remove my hand from this greenhouse to click anything

Moreover, I'm afraid that condenstation of perspiration on this transparent film will made the keyboard invisible

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
«Keyblanket» Dec 28, 2010

That is what I would desire: a Slanket with an integrated keyboard quiet cover. I really want to look stupid!

Vitals
Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 04:15
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Hm... I should take this seriously Dec 28, 2010

Well, my home folks sometimes do complain about the annoying keyboard sound they can hear behind the wooden wall, when I am on a night-project... So I should consider this. Thanks, Nicole.

However, my long fingers and snappy manner of typing will need an XXL size of this, it was quite painful to see the fingers so pressed down to the keyboard on the picture.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:15
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Hee, heeeeh!!! Dec 29, 2010

Theo Bernards wrote:

and he thinks there is a niche market for such products, the working title of the start-up is "Unusable Products". I will certainly bring this under his attention, same as this, which is unfortunately in Dutch but the insanity oozes from the pictures:

http://computerworld.nl/article/12500/10-zinloze-accessoires-voor-iphone-en-ipad/4.html

This...is...simply...gorgeous!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are you one of those noisy translators?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »