Arabic enabled Windows
Thread poster: aiouta
aiouta
aiouta
Arabic to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2002

Hello,

I am an arabic translator and i need to have the arabic enabled version of Windows...will anybody help?

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 18:23
English to Arabic
+ ...
Better Arabic support: MS Windows 2000 or XP w/ Arabic regional settings Sep 9, 2002

Greetings / taHaiya tayyiba wa b3ad...

Now, probably the easiest solution for you have a PC with full Arabic support and capability is to get:

o MS Windows 2000

or

o MS Windows XP (XP is definitely the better of the two OS)

They are both better than the previous Arabic-enabled customized bilingual versions of MS Windows such as Arabic Win 95, 98, MSME (I am a beta tester in Microsoft\'s A
... See more
Greetings / taHaiya tayyiba wa b3ad...

Now, probably the easiest solution for you have a PC with full Arabic support and capability is to get:

o MS Windows 2000

or

o MS Windows XP (XP is definitely the better of the two OS)

They are both better than the previous Arabic-enabled customized bilingual versions of MS Windows such as Arabic Win 95, 98, MSME (I am a beta tester in Microsoft\'s Arabic Beta Program and have experienced all of those OS and applications over the years).

The basic software for both of these recommended OS (Win 2K and XP) includes robust and easy-to-install Arabic support. Their encoding is also based on UNICODE, whereas earlier verions of Arabic Windows used a proprietary MS code.

Basic procedure for installing Arabic support in MS Windows 2000 or XP:

START => Control panel => Regional Settings => Language (dropdown list of language options appears) => Arabic (select Saudi Arabian, because the other versions of Arabic shown on the list are defective/incomplete) = > (prompt to INSERT CD) = > INSTALL and let her install.. basiit jidaan..

For more capability, you might get the Arabic version of MS Office XP Professional.

If you do most of your Arabic word-processing work into Arabic MS Word, the standard \"plain vanilla\" MS Office 2000 or Office XP should suffice.

FYI, the Arabic version of MS Office XP Professional Special Edition includes MS Publisher XP (which can be especially handy) and MS FrontPage XP.

You might have to upgrade your PC to a faster CPU to handle Win 2K or XP (definitely will need to upgrade for running XP) and add more RAM memory, but the improvement in bidirectional performance and capabilities in Arabic are worth the slight extra cost.

HTH. Good luck.

Khair in sha\' Allah.

Regards from Los Angeles,

Stephen H. Franke

Middle East Services Group (Consultancy)

< [email protected] >

Collapse

yacine
yacine  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:23
Arabic to French
+ ...
following Dec 22, 2002

Dear sir,

I thank you for your valuable answer.

The only think I can add is the following :

I f you want to, you can subscribe to the following mailing lists :

1)\"comp.software.arabic\"

2)\"microsoft.public.arabic.word\"

3)\"microsoft.public.arabic.excel\"

I hope it helps you

Yacine

PS : you can contact me for more details

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic enabled Windows

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »