Survey: Literary Translators’ perceptions of their roles and attitudes towards technology
Thread poster: Paola Ruffo
Paola Ruffo
Paola Ruffo
United Kingdom
English to Italian
Sep 20, 2018

Hi everyone!

As a literary translator and researcher in the field of literary translation and technologies, I'm here to ask for your help with a survey I am conducting at the moment!

The survey is part of a research project titled ‘Literary translators’ perceptions of their roles and attitudes towards technology in contemporary society’, which is being conducted by me as part of my PhD under the auspices of the Centre for Translation and Interpreting Studies in
... See more
Hi everyone!

As a literary translator and researcher in the field of literary translation and technologies, I'm here to ask for your help with a survey I am conducting at the moment!

The survey is part of a research project titled ‘Literary translators’ perceptions of their roles and attitudes towards technology in contemporary society’, which is being conducted by me as part of my PhD under the auspices of the Centre for Translation and Interpreting Studies in Scotland (CTISS), Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.

The purpose of the study is to develop a deeper understanding of the human and technological factors at play in the field of literary translation by giving literary translators the opportunity to share their personal narratives of (1) their role in contemporary society and (2) their attitudes towards technologies.

The questionnaire will take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete and will be open until 31st October 2018. It can be found at the following link:

https://hw.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/literary-translators-perceptions-of-their-roles-and-attit-3

I would love for all literary translators among you to take part in the academic discussion around literary translators' roles in society and attitudes towards technologies by participating in this study.

If you require any further information on the questionnaire or the overall research project, feel free to contact me!
Collapse

Laura Collins

Paola Ruffo
Paola Ruffo
United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
reminder :) Oct 7, 2018

Hello, this is just a reminder that the survey will be open until 31st October

Paola Ruffo
Paola Ruffo
United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
final reminder! Oct 29, 2018

Hi again everyone! Just a reminder that if you are a literary translator and would like to participate in the study above, you have until Wednesday 31st October to do so.

Paola Ruffo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey: Literary Translators’ perceptions of their roles and attitudes towards technology

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »