My payment had been postponed 3 times in a row and no response.
Thread poster: Surachet T.
Surachet T.
Surachet T.
Local time: 21:50
English to Thai
Feb 21, 2018

Hi, everyone.

I have very huge problem with French agencies for not release my payment and postpone my payment for 3 times in a row and now there was no payment to my bank account without any response to my emails.
I've contacted by French agency ...... ......... for translating radar (avionics) manual from English to Thai which I've comleted the project in October and I've send invoice in November which the agency committed payment date on 15 December via wire transfer, but n
... See more
Hi, everyone.

I have very huge problem with French agencies for not release my payment and postpone my payment for 3 times in a row and now there was no payment to my bank account without any response to my emails.
I've contacted by French agency ...... ......... for translating radar (avionics) manual from English to Thai which I've comleted the project in October and I've send invoice in November which the agency committed payment date on 15 December via wire transfer, but no transaction conducted and no response to any emails.
Again, an agency committed me that payment will be release on 31 January which resulted in same thing and postponed to 15 of Febreuary which also result in the same as well.

I've been advised from my fellow Thai translators that French agencies have tendancy of late payment but this is far too much to be acceptable and the amount of payment is huge. (over thousands Euros)

My question is is there any solution of this incident? Is it ok to charge deposit to agency before taking project? As I've tried charging deposit beforehand but no agency agreed on.

I hope my incident will be a great lesson to fellow translators in future.

Regards,
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:50
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Post your experience on the Blue Board Feb 22, 2018

You can start by posting your experience on the Blue Board. That should help.

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:50
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Too many complaints recently Feb 22, 2018

How about ProZ implement an escrow system?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My payment had been postponed 3 times in a row and no response.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »