Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
If you send your C.V. DON'T DO THIS ....
Thread poster: insighted
Daniéli Lemos
Daniéli Lemos
Brazil
Local time: 05:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 1, 2017

[Editada em 2017-12-01 13:23 GMT]

Daniéli Lemos
Daniéli Lemos
Brazil
Local time: 05:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
When and where to publish your rates Dec 1, 2017

Hello!

I am starting to work as a translator. I have a question and if you can help me, I would be very grateful.
When we respond to a job posting, and the agency has not asked for or specified anything in relation to the fees, should I send my fees or should I expect a proposal? I keep thinking, what if I send a certain fee and the agency is willing to pay more? But I'm afraid I'm losing jobs by sometimes not sending my fees in the initial contact. Any tips?

Than
... See more
Hello!

I am starting to work as a translator. I have a question and if you can help me, I would be very grateful.
When we respond to a job posting, and the agency has not asked for or specified anything in relation to the fees, should I send my fees or should I expect a proposal? I keep thinking, what if I send a certain fee and the agency is willing to pay more? But I'm afraid I'm losing jobs by sometimes not sending my fees in the initial contact. Any tips?

Thanks.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:48
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Thread? Dec 1, 2017

Daniéli Lemos wrote:

Hello!

Thanks.

You should really start a new thread. There are plenty of people who would be glad to help, but it's a different subject.

[Edited at 2017-12-01 20:14 GMT]

Inga Petkelyte
Inga Petkelyte  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:48
Lithuanian to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you Dec 1, 2017

Sincerely - thank you for your time!
Though all that we already 'lnow' but such a detailed reminder is very welcome.
By the way, why CVs are needed at all? Shouldn't they be replaced by a presentation file rather than a CV?
Does my secondary school and intersts really matter for translation projects in general?

Dahae Kim
Dahae Kim  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 17:48
English to Korean
+ ...
Thank you Dec 3, 2017

Thank you for giving me a good information.

insighted
insighted

German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All CV's I received come from fake translators Nov 19, 2018

I have now found out that virtually all CV's I received at the company I work are from FAKE translators who copy other translator's CV's.

Here you find their names: http://www.translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-directory.htm

Too bad!

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:48
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Comfort yourself Nov 19, 2018

Comfort yourself with the thought that a lousy CV will repel clients, who may come to you instead. And by the way: the plural of CV is not CV's.

[Edited at 2018-11-19 14:38 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If you send your C.V. DON'T DO THIS ....

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »