Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2018

Concerning the last episode of LT a couple of months ago, I've been feeling for some time now that I overstepped the line on religion. Nobody's said anything to me about it, but that doesn't make me feel any better. I just haven't felt comfortable since with something that was gratuitous and definitely not called for.

I sincerely apologise if the story offended anyone because, even if it didn't, it was disrespectful and could have. Might be better if it was taken down, in fact.
... See more
Concerning the last episode of LT a couple of months ago, I've been feeling for some time now that I overstepped the line on religion. Nobody's said anything to me about it, but that doesn't make me feel any better. I just haven't felt comfortable since with something that was gratuitous and definitely not called for.

I sincerely apologise if the story offended anyone because, even if it didn't, it was disrespectful and could have. Might be better if it was taken down, in fact.

But the bit about Donald, now, that's a different kettle of fish. He can take it on the chin.
Collapse

Nikolaki
Nikolaki  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:52
French to English
Left a bit Apr 17, 2018

Why are you apologising on behalf of LT? He's his own man, isn't he? Anyway, I don't think you need worry too much, word on the street is that yiir maan JC is quite big on the forgiveness thing, so long as you put a smile on our faces…

Best play it safe, though: go for a nice long jog down the coast to Compostela. You're almost there already, after all. Go on… left a bit, left a bit…

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
forgiveness Apr 17, 2018

There is forgiveness where there is repentance. I forgive and forget, but each person must repent before the One who is truly scorned in order to receive His forgiveness and mercy.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Relax Apr 19, 2018

I don't think you need to worry, or apologise. The world is way too busy being offended. And I thought it was very funny.

All the best comedy is going to be offensive to those who lack a sense of humour.

Dare you to do Mohammed too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Little Translator - an apology

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »