Thread poster: Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:50
French to English
Apr 28, 2017

Hello,
I am fairly new to Trados. I recently received a package to translate and forgot that the memory would be included and opened one of my own. I quickly realised my mistake and switched but the beginning of the translation uses this other memory of mine. Is there any way of removing it from the return package, as most of it does not relate to this job?
Thanks for any help...

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 14:50
Should be possible Apr 28, 2017

Anne Greaves wrote:

Hello,
I am fairly new to Trados. I recently received a package to translate and forgot that the memory would be included and opened one of my own. I quickly realised my mistake and switched but the beginning of the translation uses this other memory of mine. Is there any way of removing it from the return package, as most of it does not relate to this job?
Thanks for any help...

Rename the package to .zip and open it with TotalCommander or a ZIP folder browser. Remove the TM from the folder containing memories. Close the ZIP. Remove .zip.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:50
German to Turkish
+ ...
Possible Apr 28, 2017

If you have already created a return package, you can open the original package as a new project, use the updated TM from your customer to pretranslate and create a new return package.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:50
German to Turkish
+ ...
If you haven't created the return package yet, Apr 28, 2017

you can remove your TM just by unclicking it in the Project setting > Language (may have a different path depending on the version you are using).

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:50
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
I am not sure I understand the question/your mistake Apr 28, 2017

Anne Greaves wrote:

Hello,
Thanks for any help...

What exactly do you mean? I try to picture it, but don't see the problem.

"I recently received a package to translate and forgot that the memory would be included and opened one of my own."
So? I always do. Studio searches in both TM's and saves the translation in both TM's.

"I quickly realised my mistake and switched but the beginning of the translation uses this other memory of mine."
What mistake and you switched to what?

"Is there any way of removing it from the return package, as most of it does not relate to this job?"
Actually no, a return package is totally locked (at least I never managed to open it), but see the answer of Elif, start all over again and make a new Return Package.

What is more, a Return Package never includes your TM.

So, where do I mis the boat?

[Edited at 2017-04-28 16:40 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-04-28 16:41 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-04-28 16:45 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing a TM from a Trados return package

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »