Diana Llorente
Diana Llorente  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2017

Hello everyone,

For the last couple of months, when I try to add a term base in a project, the program freezes after I press "Add". It started happening after adding an Autosuggest dictionary (although it may not have anything to do, I removed it and nothing has changed).

Has anyone had this issue? I don't know how to solve it, it's a real problem. I haven't tried installing Studio again yet because I read that in other cases it didn't help, so I'd rather try any other
... See more
Hello everyone,

For the last couple of months, when I try to add a term base in a project, the program freezes after I press "Add". It started happening after adding an Autosuggest dictionary (although it may not have anything to do, I removed it and nothing has changed).

Has anyone had this issue? I don't know how to solve it, it's a real problem. I haven't tried installing Studio again yet because I read that in other cases it didn't help, so I'd rather try any other options, specially because if I reinstall it, I will lose my existing projects with termbases that I am using for my current clients.

I'm even considering upgrading to Studio 2017 just for this (!), but I don't know if it will work, the same thing may happen and, again, I will have then lost my projects.

If anyone has had this same issue and can help, please give me a hint! I'd be very grateful.

Diana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 freezes when trying to add a term base

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »